This new Howlers team is made up of a handful of current and former National team players, some solid Provincial players, as well as some young up-and-comers from across the country. The women will be coached by Matt Parish from Edmonton, Alberta who brings a wealth of experience in both CIS and FISU rugby.
As the first Howlers Women team it was important to choose a good foundation of players that are upstanding individuals both on and off the pitch and who have the ability to contribute to the Howlers vision. These women will be captained by Maria Jaworski who has been instrumental in forming this new squad. Laura Stoughton will undoubtedly provide some 7s leadership to young players such as Kayla Mack from Saskatchewan and Rosie Riviera from Mexico.
The Stampede tournament has evolved over the years and now offers a top level men's and women's division with $2000 and $1000 in prize money for the top contenders respectively.
Player Name, Club, Province
1. Gill Allen, Kirin Womens Rugby Club, SK
2. Davine Burton, Toronto Scottish Rugby Football Club, ON
3. * Michele Helmeczi, Meraloma Rugby Club, BC
4. Maria Jaworski, Calgary Hornets Rugby Football Club, AB
5. * Shannon Kane, Velox Valkyries Rugby Club, BC
6. * Andrea Letal, Lethbridge Rugby Club, AB
7. Kayla Mack , Saskatoon Wild Oats Rugby Club, SK
8.* Laura Stoughton, Calgary Hornets Rugby Football Club, AB
9. Rosie Riviera, Orillia Warriors Rugby Club, ON (Mexico)
10. Lauren Whyte, Kirin Women's Rugby Club, SK
Coach -Matt Parish, Edmonton Clansmen Rugby Club, AB
Co-Manager - * Mike Holmes, Velox Rugby Club, Victoria, BC
Co-Manager - Daniele Rowlands , Calgary Hornets, Alberta
* denotes Canadian Cap